The RMBF is not responsible for the content of the websites listed on this site. These links are for information only and therefore should not be taken to imply endorsement by the RMBF.
The articles on this site have been commissioned by the RMBF from specialists in the relevant subjects, and are published in all good faith but the RMBF accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information given or the opinions expressed. The articles are presented for information only and should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice on any specific problem or condition.
Terms and conditions
Use of this site is provided by the Royal Medical Benevolent Fund [the RMBF]
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. The RMBF reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to the RMBF are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will the RMBF be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. The RMBF does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials
6. Copyright restrictions:
- Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from the RMBF. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by the RMBF to use any item displayed.
- Documents may be copied for use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners [who are not the RMBF]. All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners [the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs].
7. The RMBF takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non confidential and non proprietary information.
10. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
11. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
The 1998 Data Protection Act defines your rights as an individual in relation to the information held about you and how it may be used.
This statement describes how we may use the information which we collect on our website.
We may use your information to:
- advise and help you
- provide and personalise our services
- keep you informed of our activities
- deal with your queries and take on board your valuable comments
- improve our marketing
We employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting. In some cases, that third party may receive your information. However, at all times we will control and be responsible for the use of your information. In some circumstances, we may need to share this information with third parties, but only in connection with a possible application, for example another charity.
We may, from time to time, communicate information about our services to you or provide periodic newsletters.
We will not give, sell or lease any personal data to any other firm, person, organisation or agency for commercial purposes.
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security measures and we use reasonable procedures to check for the most commonly known viruses before sending information electronically. The RMBF will not have liability to you in respect of any error or omission arising from, or in connection with, the electronic communication of information to you.